Become an expert at using JIRA 7 through this one-stop guide!
- This comprehensive guide will help you implement, customize and administer JIRA 7 application to meet the needs of your organization
- You will get to know the strategies needed to develop and deploy JIRA 7, along with best practices when working with Jira
- It covers the latest integrations of JIRA 7 with third-party platforms to help you professionally manage your software development projects
Atlassian JIRA 7 is an enterprise issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of an organization, ranging from building software products to managing your support issues.
This book provides a comprehensive explanation covering all three components of JIRA 7, such as JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and Jira Service Desk. It shows you how to master the key functionalities of JIRA and its customizations and useful add-ons, and is packed with real-world examples and use cases.
You will first learn how to plan for a JIRA 7 installation and fetch data. We cover JIRA reports in detail, which will help you analyze your data effectively. You can add additional features to your JIRA application by choosing one of the already built-in add-ons or building a new one to suit your needs.
Then you'll find out about implementing Agile methodologies in JIRA by creating Scrum and Kanban boards. We'll teach you how to integrate your JIRA Application with other tools such as Confluence, SVN, Git, and more, which will help you extend your application. Finally, we'll explore best practices and troubleshooting techniques to help you find out what went wrong and understand how to fix it.
What You Will Learn:
- Plan the installation and upgrade of your JIRA instance to the newest version
- Configure issue type schemes, create customized workflows, modify permission schemes, and change notification schemes
- Implement JIRA Service Desk to manage your support tickets
- Customize JIRA for test management, helpdesk, and requirement management
- Deploy JIRA for Agile tracking using the Scrum and Kanban techniques
- Develop JIRA add-ons to extend JIRA's functionality
- Migrate data from external systems using CSV import
- Integrate your JIRA application with third-party tools such as Confluence, SVN, and Git
Who this book is for:
If you are a JIRA administrator who is managing small-to-medium JIRA instances and you want to learn how to manage enterprise-scale instances, then this book will help you expand your knowledge and equip you with advanced skills. Prior understanding of the JIRA core concepts is required.